Thursday, July 31, 2014

Positive Thinking Thursday (Cutting the Mommy Strings...)



Today I'm linking up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her Positive Thinking Thursday (7/31/14)!



I'm so glad you have this Link up Jennifer!  I am in need of some positive thinking today! Please ask me why!   "Why?" I'm so glad you asked!  My son is leaving Sunday for Marine Corps Boot Camp!  That's only 3 days away!!  I'm so very proud of him, but this Mamma is having a really hard time!  It is hard to let go, cut the umbilical cord, and let him become a man!  So I searched for some inspiration and found this...



I cried...in private, when I found this quote.  My son is tired of seeing me cry, so I have to be stronger now.  When I cry he thinks I'm Not proud of him, and that's just NOT true.  He doesn't understand why this is hard...for me.  I tell him it's a "Mom Thing" and NOBODY can understand unless you are a MOM!!  

Now that I've gotten that out of my system it's time for some Boot Camp Positive Thinking!  



Erik will attend Marine Corps Boot Camp at Paris Island, SC...Home of the SAND FLEA!  LOL!  Since my husband is a Former Marine Erik is considered to be a "Legacy Marine Recruit" Right now he is only a POOLEE, which is lower than pond scum.  Then he will become a RECRUIT, which is just above poolee, but still lower than pond scum.  He won't be a Marine until he graduates Boot Camp!  



I'll be able to sleep at night while he is away knowing that my little boy will receive ENCOURAGEMENT from his DI...


My boy will be well taken care of...



He will learn how to be a strong Leader!



Erik has a strong faith!  He is following God's path, which was chosen especially for him.  This alone, gives me the comfort and strength that I need as a mom, to let him go...  






1 comment:

  1. Oh Susan...I am sending you extra big happy thoughts and positive vibes. I know this is not easy. I just love you and will be thinking about you in the coming days! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete