Friday, June 27, 2014

Five for Friday (6/27/14)


Its time for another Five For Friday Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!





Anyone remember their 21st birthday celebration? My own memories are vague to say the least, but I'm pretty sure I had a really good time!  I hope my daughter will remember hers!  We celebrated this milestone last weekend at Universal Studio's City Walk Orlando!  I find it hard to believe that my baby girl is now LEGAL!!!  I felt old! Especially when I started to yawn and it was only 10:00 PM!  Here are a couple of pics of my baby girl all grown up!


First Adult Beverage!  Well, first one that I've seen anyway...{we won't talk about her first two years away in college}


My son, Erik, was a good sport since he still has a couple of more years before he can participate!  I love this picture of the two of them.  I am blessed!


Wow!  Looks like the girls had a good time!  Hahaha!  Oh, to be young and 21 again...Don't you just love her birthday hat?  It has been reported that she kept those shoes on all night long, dancing the night away!  CRAZY!!!  Joanne, over at Head Over Heels should be proud!!

We spent two nights at Universal's newest resort, Cabana Bay!  It has a retro 50's & 60's theme.  I thought I was in an Austin Powers movie as I walked down the hallways.  We loved it!  I recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, fun, family resort in Orlando that isn't outrageously priced.  


My husband and I decided to let the young adults stay the first night so everyone had a safe place to crash after the City Walk Party celebration. We rejoined them around noon the day after.  I was surprised to find everyone up and already at the pool!  

We spent the day hanging out at the resort enjoying the pool, lazy river, arcade, and a bowing alley.  We went back to City Walk in time to watch Team USA play in The World Cup!  Go USA!!


After the "Recovery" day at the resort we took my daughter and her boyfriend to Islands of Adventure!  I still enjoy riding roller coasters so it was a good time.  Check out the T-shirt I bought in Seussville! 


  "Teacher of All Things" with Thing 1 & 2 behind me.  Good Times, good times...

I'm working on a new teacher planner for the 2014-2015 school year that was inspired by Peter Brunn's The Lesson Planning Handbook.  Have you read it?  I highly recommend it.  It is an easy read and has changed the way I lesson plan!  I loved it so much I thought I would share!  I have a sample freebie at my TpT store.  Check it out and let me know what you think.  If you like it I should have the entire planner up and available by early next week.  That's my goal anyway.  


My inspiration for:




Last, but not least!  I started and finished reading The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller!  Loved it!!  Now I'm going to start Reading in the Wild.
If you haven't read these two books they are a MUST READ for any Reading Teacher K-12!  The Brown Bag Teacher has started a summer book study on Reading in the Wild.  I'm a little behind because I just had to start with The Book Whisperer first.  I'm so glad I did!  



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I'm enjoying my summer so far.  Hope you are as well.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh...I'm so glad you added pics from your little getaway. Happy 21st to your baby girl. I would've never made it 100 feet in those shoes. NO WAY! Love your t-shirt!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete