Saturday, April 2, 2016

Currently April 2016

April already??? I missed February and March! So much for my New Year's Resolutions to blog at least once a month! Ha!  Time flies when you're having fun!  I'm linking up with Oh Boy It's Farley for her monthly Currently Linky Party!

Here's what I'm during currently...




I'm listening to a large flock of Sandhill Cranes flying overhead searching for a large field or yard to begin their morning feeding.  It's early on this Saturday morning and my husband is still in bed and I'm enjoying a bit of fresh air before the rain arrives.   It's a comfortable 70 degrees with thunderstorms looming in the distance.  You know what they say, "April showers bring May flowers."  


I'm loving the fact that spring is here and soon my pool will be warm enough to swim in.  It won't take long now that we are having temperatures in the high 80's and low 90's on a consistant basis.  I can't complain really. I live in paridise! I do wish my pool was heated so I could enjoy it more during the winter months...maybe someday.  




I'm thinking about which book I should start reading first this morning.  The only thing I love better than reading/napping by the pool is reading/napping on the chase lounge when it's storming! Here are my options...

Nicholas helps me to relax and unwind, and 
Ron motivates me to lesson plan & create!


I've already started the Ron Clark book, but love to reread his wonderful words of encouragement and ways to bring excitement into the classroom.  Lord knows we all need it right now with all this crazy mandated FSA (State Testing) here in Florida! 

I'm desperately wanting to know when my son will return from his first deployment overseas.  My daughter knows, but she's not telling!  They are trying to surprise me, but the suspense is actually killing me inside!  This is a picture from the last time I hugged my boy...sniff.



I'm needing to finish lesson plans for next week and to clean my house!  All this state testing has me down in the dumps! Its zero fun!  I hate it and so do my poor students! YUCK!  Oops, there goes my blood pressure right through the roof!  This is why I NEED to plan fun lessons for my kiddos!  Then there's the whole house cleaning problem...ugh.  I don't want to talk about it...

Whatever!  Who cares about needing to clean the house because my pool screened in area is going to receive a face lift this week!  Whoop! Whoop! We've got some serious screen rips and holes going on out there, and with the amount of insects, snake, and other critters here in Florida you don't want that!  It will be perfect for when we throw my boy a huge pool party when he returns!  I can feel my blood pressure starting to come back down to normal.  

What are you currently doing this April 2016?  




5 comments:

  1. I LOVE both of your book ideas! They both sound AMAZING! I would read both of those today too if my little people would let me! I hope that your son comes home soon so you can wrap him up in a big hug again soon! Praying for a speedy and safe return home!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to read that Ron Clark book but didn't finish it yet!! It's on my To Read for my spring break in a couple weeks! And is that a new Nicholas Sparks book?

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very jealous about your weather. It's snowing here in WI today. I've had enough of it. My oldest is 17 and went to FL with friends. It's the longest we've ever been apart and I cannot wait until he gets home in a couple days. I cannot image how it is having your son deployed. will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read that book!! It looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that FSA testing is over for us in 3rd! NOT happy that I will probably be displaced while the rest of the school is testing this month...grr.

    ReplyDelete