Sunday, May 4, 2014

Currently May...A Reflection


I'm linking up for the first time with Farley's May Currently over at "Oh Boy Fourth Grade!  I love reading all the Currently posts each month, and now it is my turn to give it a try.  Wait for it...




Listening: I really enjoy the soothing sound of Contemporary Christian Music.  I listen to it all the time on the satellite radio we have on our TV.  The Spirit is my current favorite and Lincoln Brewster is singing Power of Your Name.  

Loving:    I'm loving eating the entire bag of Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Fruit that I bought while shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday.  You know how it is when you are waiting in line looking around at all the wonderful items stores try to tempt you to purchase last minute...Well I was a super sucker for these babies!  They are addictive!  I can't stop and now I have a tummy ache.  Oh well, it was worth it!!  Beware if you see them.  They are a must have!!  
Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Pouch, 7 oz Each, 12 Pouches Total


Thinking;   I've been thinking a lot about my son Erik.  He is determined to become a US Marine and wants me to be proud of him.  I am very PROUD of him.  I'm also scared to death!  This is my baby boy, and I don't want him to be placed in harms way.  His father was a young Marine when I married him.  I love what the Marine Corps. did for my husband, and I know that my son will become an OUTSTANDING Marine...yet, my heart breaks.  His recruiter refers to him as a future Legacy Marine, which causes his father's chest to swell with pride.  All I want to do is hold him in my lap and cuddle with him like we did when he was little.  This is what I see when I close my eyes...except his cover says "Marines" not the Army!



Lord, give me strength...

Wanting:  I am wanting to start painting our house!  My husband inherited his parents' house a couple of years ago.  It was difficult at first to make changes because there were too many memories.  We have added our furniture, special things, and replaced the carpet with tile and wood floors.  We have kept a few things that are warm reminders of his parents, but now we are both ready to change the colors.  It's time!  I can't wait to get started, but we all know how busy May can be finishing up the school year...soon it will be summer vacation and we will begin this major project.  

Needing:  To decide which colors we want for our house!  There are so many choices!!  We are having fun talking about it and mulling it over.  



Surprise:   My surprise blog is...
Ideas by Jivey
I love ideas by jivey!  My favorite ideas by jivey are her Mastering Mentor Sentence Units!  My students and I love them and I use them everyday!  If you haven't heard of her then head over to her blog right away.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the May Currently! I was surprised by your Surprise section of your currently because I too put Jivey as my link and talked about her Mentor Sentences! What a small world!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to find the colors for your house that you want. We did that a couple of summers ago and this year planning on touching up the inside and outside. Hope it goes fast for you and looks beautiful!
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love home decorating projects like painting and such! I hope everything turns out beautifully!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete